Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for light, clear colors

Posted by peppygirl (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 4, 06 at 5:45

I have paint samples (3 of them) on a wall and I'm not happy with them. I think they are too muted. The colors are Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage, Light Silver Sage, and SW Mild Blue. I like clear colors that are soft and cool. I need a neutral for our large family room and don't really like the color my decorator suggested (SW Rice Grain) because it looks too dark. I want to use Sherwin Williams since our paint contractor uses their paint and I have always bought paint from them and been pleased. I've gotten so frustrated with color selection so I'm seeking advice from you all. I want a light blue, a light blue-green, and a neutral. Also need a white trim color. Sounds like a letter to Santa. Thanks for your suggestions, Pep

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions for light, clear colors

I know you said SW, but a few full spectrum colors popped into my head. Ellen Kennon's Aqua for your light blue-green. Dusk for a light blue. She has several neutrals, Wheat, Beige and Greige would work in nicely with the other two colors if they would be in close proximity.

SW neutrals, there's always Latte, Nomadic Desert and Kilim Beige. If you can find Olympic Paints, grab a swatch of Blue Shamrock for your light blue-green and have SW color match it. Light blues at SW, I'd comb thru the Martha Stewart Signature colors to find one while they still have them. White trim color SW Dover White or SW Snowbound would be chips to grab and take home to see how they look with your flooring, etc. Hope that helps some.

o

If you would consider Benjamin Moore, take a look at the white collection card and the serentity collection card. Both have bright, light colors, not muted. The muting was a big issue for me and why I didn't use F&B, f.ex.

Guess you might not consider Devine, which appears to have a very bright, light palette.

Funcolors, do you agree about Devine?

o

Couldn't get back to computer for awhile. Thanks for your ideas. SW now has a designer (on Thursdays and Fridays) and I'll go in and see what she has to offer. Liked the Kilim Beige. By the way, Where do you find Ellen Kennon paint? I'll also check out BM. Thanks, Pep

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here