Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeowner2011a

BM Dove White Trim - what white to use on walls?

newhomeowner2011a
12 years ago

Hi,

We have Carrera basketweave marble (with black small squares) on the floor and Carrera marble field tiles on the shower surround. We have a white vanity and black (Mesabi black granite) countertop. We have selected White Dove BM paint for the trim in the bathroom as well as throughout our house.

What color white would you pick for the walls? Would you use Dove White also for the walls (matching the trim) or something else? My gut tells me something else less white - maybe a blue/white or grey/white to pull out the veining in the marble???

In the master bedroom that leads into this bathroom, there is a lot of cranberry in the bedding (using China Doll paint on the walls) but there is a little blue - no grey.

We have tried a few grey, silver and blue samples on the wall but I haven't been happy as they have all been too dark and detracted from the marble (as opposed to highlighting it!). I'm leaning towards doing just a black and white room now - but what white looks good with Dove White trim (the vanity and med cabinets are also painted Dove White)?

Any other paint samples you'd suggest us checking out?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022