Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can someone recommend a cream color?

Posted by brutuses (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 19, 06 at 0:55

Can someone recommend a cream color, preferably in Benjamin Moore? I've decided to paint my family room and foyer cream and use the decorations, furniture, accessories to add other color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can someone recommend a cream color?

Be careful, do lots of test areas. I've tested lots and lots and lots of BM cream colors and find that many are pink or yellowish. We're just going to repaint over Spanish Ivory? with Wood Ash. Our bedroom is Barely Beige and seems to have a lovely glow, but it's not a straight cream. I painted samples on the walls and mostly on pieces of foam core
Word to the wise; BM sample pot have a grey colored plastic exterior, so do not go by the color as it looks from the outside of the pot or you'll be sorry!

o

I checked the can and it's Spanish White not Ivory. It's nice, but definitely has a yellowish cast at night.

o

Ellen Kennon's Classic Cream is my favorite. If you aren't willing to use a full spectrum paint, Benjamin Moore's Linen White is nice.

o

I love my Benjamin Moore "Sandy White".

o

The Affinity color ylang ylang is lovely. I also like Ellen Kennon's Classic Cream

o

Aura Subtle is my favorite cream.

Michael

o

Benjamin Moore Brandy Cream

Photobucket

o

I'll second Aura's Subtle. I am using it on my dining room trim and crown molding. I'm doing the walls in Aura Honeymoon and ceiling in Tumeric.

o

I would reccomend rich cream by benjamin moore paint

benjamin moore
Rich Cream

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore

o

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. Rich Creme it was!!

I'm going to take some new photo's soon and I'll post them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here