Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For touch-ups...will I get a good match by using Eggshell/satin?

Posted by fiddleddd (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 12, 10 at 0:24

I generally prefer flat paint because I tend to touch up my walls a lot. But I do like a soft sheen on the walls, plus I wouldn't mind having something that is a bit better from a cleaning standpoint. So I'm wondering if Eggshell of Satin finishes can be touched up without it being noticeable.

Please help me decide which paint to use. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For touch-ups...will I get a good match by using Eggshell/sat

The rule is that flat touches up the best and usually the cheaper the flat, the better it will touch up. You will not need to touch up a washable paint as often because it will be more resistant to burnishing. It's really a choice between being a wall washer or a person that would rather touch up.

o

I would gladly wash my walls if I knew I could without leaving a discoloration on the wall. But I don't want a shiny look on my walls. And don't you need to go with a hint of a shine in order to get a scrubbable wall?

o

It depends on what you would define as 'scrubbable'. The washable flats on the market now have some degree of washability, but none are as washable as the eggshells, satins, semi-glosses, etc even though the marketing and advertising you see about them all claim that they are. If your walls take a beating and you are truly going to be washing and scrubbing them often, then yes you should probably select an eggshell which does have some sheen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here