Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color scheme

Posted by eekim (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 0:21

I need to repaint a living room and a bedroom.

The baseboards and crown molding have to be white to match the rest of the house.

The ceilings, I prefer to be the same color so I don't have to buy more than a gallon of ceiling paint.

Help me pick wall colors that will go well with the baseboard and ceiling color.

The living room has oak floors, and walnut coffee table and dark brown sofa. I was thinking about going with a very light shade of yellow. I'm open to opinions though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color scheme

Brown colours go well with shades of orange and yellow. Turquoise and cool gray are good additional colours. Also you get more modern look if you add plum purple to your interior.

Here is a link that might be useful: yaanika.com

o
RE: Color scheme

I would also suggest finding something to inspire your color palette such as a print shirt, tie, vase, throw pillow, fabric, a picture (something that has a mix of colors that appeal to your eye). Since your ceiling, trim and sofa are neutral colors, you'll have lots of options. Also study the color wheel, colors next to each other on the wheel when put together are the most harmonious while colors opposite compliment each other while giving a nice contrast. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here