Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best paint to use on cabinets?

Posted by sis2two (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 22:18

I would love to get some professional input on the best paint to use on cabinets. We will be having our cabinet frames painted by hand and we have been told that both the BM Advance paint is very good as well as Muralo Ultra. I would really like to know the best route. Have heard that Satin Impervo is good as well. Do not want to use anything that will yellow. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best paint to use on cabinets?

any of those will work, just no oil

o

oil=potential to yellow

o

See my note on the other cabinet thread here....

Faron

o

faron79--Read your other post and I have another question. Will the oil paint yellow over time? Can the fpe be customized to match the color that the rest of my cabinets are going to be sprayed? My doors will have the factory finish. The upper frames will be taken out and sprayed and I really want a paint that will give the best finish so as to not look too bad with the rest. Very little of my lower frames will be showing. Hope to hear back from you. Thanks so much.

o

Will the oil paint yellow over time

YES

o

Yellowing is only a concern with Whites, Off-Whites, and light colors.

I just noticed that you're only doing frames! FPE may be a little overkill then!

Faron

o

Thanks christophern and faron. Do either of you have a paint that you would highly recommend that would not show brush marks as much. Since the uppers are going to be sprayed and the doors with a factory finish, I'm looking for something that will be somewhat closer to the sprayed finish if at all possible. As I mentioned previously, someone mentioned Muralo Ultra. I do not mind paying for good quality paint. I won't be needing that much anyway. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here