Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lnia

Paint advice for Tray and Coffer

lynn
11 years ago

Hello,

I originally posted this question on the Decorators website but now realize the PAINT forum was probably the best place to ask for advice. I would like some color advice for our dining room and den.

In the den we have a coffered ceiling that will be painted BM Dove White, along with all the other trim. We were thinking of BM Weathersfield Moss for the wall and BM Nantucket Grey for the ceiling to further accentuate the coffer. Do you think these two colors work together or would you recommend different combo?

Since we have a relatively open floor plan, the majority of the 1st floor will be Lenox Tan. We were thinking in the dining room we would have the Dover White Wainscotting and Trim, with Lenox Tan above the wainscotting. We have a niche that we were considering popping with a color like Georgian Red or more neutral woodstock tan. This room also has a tray ceiling. The tray would be the BM Dover White but we were thinking about a different color for the ceiling. Any color advice or should I keep with the lenox tan for the ceiling? I was originally thinking the niche and the ceiling should be same color but the color options I have identified are too dark for the ceiling, or at least I think so.

I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Many thanks!

Comment (1)