Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aura Bath Spa Sheen Level vs regular Aura Matte

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 7, 10 at 20:52

Can anyone confirm or have A/B ----- is the Aura Bath Spa slightly more shiner than the Aura Matte.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aura Bath Spa Sheen Level vs regular Aura Matte

I only have a recollection that reading the literature at the site suggested as much if you read between the lines. Or maybe it was a number. Along with asking here, I'd rec perusing the spec sheet closely - it may indeed have your answer.

o

Perhaps a bit both are still considered matte finishes

o

I used the Aura Bath sheen in my bathroom and it looks matte to me. I absolutely loved the way it turned out.

o

We just used the Bath and Spa Matte in our two most recently renovated bathrooms and it looks like it has the same or even slightly less sheen than the regular Aura Matte. We used the regular Aura Matte when we did our guest bathroom, about a month or so before the Bath and Spa paint hit the stores. We also used regular Aura Matte in the kitchen, LR, DR, hallway..... They really do appear to be the same.

o

Hmm interesting read. I need to repull the tech sheets but I could have sworn that the K&B had a slightly higher sheen..

Personally, I prefer Zinnsers Perma White for a Bathroom Paint...the cost difference for color match would have cost me almost similar to a can of Aura. The Perma White is a better product for Bathrooms FWIW

o

fyi - the definitive spec is 1-2% higher sheen.
Whether the eye can detect it is another matter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here