Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindiw2

Not good paint job

cindiw2
12 years ago

I had a paint job by a family friend who claimed to know everything; maybe he does, but it did not turn out good. Blotches, smears, and other inconsistencies. He applied paint+primer one coat, and patched up holes but the areas really look very different than the rest of the wall which has texture to it. I don't know how it got that texture; whether from the roller or as he says, it was that way before on the drywall. But ... the patches are smoother and definitely not uniform with the rest of the wall. I don't know how he did it; how he smoothed them out before painting. My question is: because it's such a bad paint job in my opinion, I'm wondering if it would be easier if I were to get a knockdown texture. I don't want knockdown, but there are plenty of things I don't want and must accept anyway. So would knockdown applied over the recently painted but blemished wall serve to cover up many blemishes? It's a condo apartment and like I say I'm not too keen to get a knockdown texture, but a gal's gotta do what she's gotta do. What do you think I should do?

Comments (6)