Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Window Taping Tool?

Posted by justme4now (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 20:35

Is there a tool and if not, why not invent one that will allow you to 'roll' tape around the inside of a window frame, covering the glass that you don't want to get paint on?

I have a million windows in my home and I am about to paint the 'inside' window frames.

I don't want to tape each pane of glass by hand and "I HOPE" that there is a tool (kind of like a package tape dispenser or even similar to a miniature drywall taping tool ) that will not only make the job faster to do but also less tedious!?

I only need to run the tape, an inch around the inside of the frame, covering the glass.

Forgive my bad arrow drawings in the following picture, (HOW do you make straight lines with paint or irfanview? lol)

The arrows point to the frame area that I am referring to and the glass that I want to cover.

I hope that I have been fairly clear on my question?

I don't know any other way to ask it. 8(

Thanks Everyone

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Window Taping Tool?

Someone gave me a link to this tool from Scotch and I wonder if this might be what I am looking for?

They talk about woodwork but why wouldn't it work for what I need?

Scotch Blue

RE: Window Taping Tool?

Yes, the blue painter's tape will work great. And if it gives you an easy way to cut it, that's great too.

I use scissors or an x-ato-knife, or just tear the tape.

RE: Window Taping Tool?

It's going to cost you a fortune to tape a million windows.

RE: Window Taping Tool?

I am with brush on this one. Get a QUALITY 1and 1/2 inch sash brush and carfully paint them.Get a good window razor scraper to remove any paint that gets on the glass

RE: Window Taping Tool?

Is there a rubber boot, or glazing strip surrounding the glass? If so, do not paint over that boot or glazing strip.

RE: Window Taping Tool?

If you are painting them in place, you might find that you are able to control the brush better when working on the sides and bottom of the frame. So you might be able to get away with taping just the top of the sash.

As a DIYer without a million windows to paint, I use the tape.

I use a one inch Purdy angled brush.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here