Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint trim help

Posted by Lizzyliz (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 17:28

My house was painted medium pink, light pink in sun light (I didn't choose the color). Everything is pink , trim, base boards. I was thinking of some color of cocoa or in the tans. What should I be aware of when painting all the trim and baseboards? I am terrible at seeing the finished product.

The attracted photo was taken with afternoon light on it and it's the closes I could get. Thanks for any suggestions.

Oh, it's a very small house but decent morning and late afternoon light.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint trim help

What do you want to know?

o

Help on choosing a trim color (tans or contrasting color). I've had a hard time finding anything but white.

o

Tough call! Can you go to a paint store - NOT Home Depot or Lowes, but maybe Sherwyn Williams, Benjamin Moore or Dunn Edwards, and get a professional opinion? If you live far away from them, maybe email their web sites with your photo.

o

"Help on choosing a trim color (tans or contrasting color). I've had a hard time finding anything but white."

Get to a paint store and look at colors. Grab sample cards or buy a color deck. Look at the colors at home under the light in which they will be experienced.
There are literally 200 shades of white from the standard bone, ivory, and cream to lighter grays and tans.
The possibilities are endless.

Are you looking for a cool color or a warm color?
What will be your accent colors?
Do you have an inspiration piece to draw from?
What is the mood you want your home to convey?

It is hard for someone a million miles away to choose a color for you when you are the one in the home looking at all the things that influence your choice.
So go to a real paint store and get color samples.

Maybe gather your thoughts, define what it is exactly that you are wanting, then post whole room photos in the decorating forum. There are some real color mavens over there!
Link below-

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorating forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here