Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
markar_gw

Spray and hand brush for Kitchen Cabinets

Markar
12 years ago

Hi -- I'm remodeling my kitchen in a traditional / Shaker style with white cabinetry. The cabinets will be built by local shop. I would like the final finish on the cabinets to have a hand brushed look, in keeping with the older style of my home (1920's). I was hoping that the cabinet shop could spray the primer and 1st coat of paint and that painters could hand brush the last coat after installation. Unfortunately, the cabinet shop will only spray lacquer, not paint. So, the GC and I are thinking that we should have the cabinet shop deliver the cabinets "paint ready" and have them painted in place. I'm curious whether the primer and 1st coats can be sprayed in place and then the painters can hand brush the final coat -- that seems like the most cost-effective, as opposed to hand brushing all 3 coats. I'm just not sure about spraying the cabs after installation -- -seems tricky to me! Does anyone have any thoughts / advice about this? Also, curious about removing doors / hinges, etc. -- should we just ask the cabinet makers to leave all that off?

Comments (2)