Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone familiar with the quality of Mythic paint?

Posted by sis2two (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 16:42

I have been looking at Mythic paints and wondered if anyone has experience with it? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone familiar with the quality of Mythic paint?

I see this question is a few weeks old. We've used it, and we like it very much. In fact, the first room we did with a Mythic paint is about 4 years old, and the paint looks brand-new still. Since then, we've done a mudroom and trim in many rooms. One of the features we like about it is that it is advertised as zero VOC and, I believe, zero odor (or very low odor), and I can attest to the fact that, even if you have respiratory problems or sensitivity to odors, you can paint an entire room and not be bothered by the paint. This characteristic would also make it a good choice for a child's or baby's room.

I do need to say, however, that I've not always liked all the Mythic colors. The first room we did was in fact a Benjamin Moore formula. (Mythic can do Ben. Moore colors; undoubtedly other companies' colors as well.) We tried several other Mythic colors in rooms here, and, while they're attractive, some of them seem not to work well in our house. This problem might have as much to do with our house - its materials, light levels, etc. - as with the Mythic colors though. Regardless, I'd still recommend this company's products.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here