Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shineoncrazydiamond

Ben Paint and Aura Bath and Spa

Just a quick note. I had a chance to use the new "Ben" paint instead of Regal. Got very nice results in a bedroom. I would not say it is low odor, but more like reduced odor from regal. My hallway is next up for some Ben Paint. I will be using this as my standard interior paint from now on.

Also used BM Aura Bath and Spa in my bathrooms and it looks very nice.

Comments (2)

• koert
    13 years ago

My local B. Moore dealer had his distributorship yanked out from under him. There is another dealer that we can go to but we're now looking at $55 a gallon.

Sorry if I'm bringing up a tired subject but is this paint really worth the high price? I haven't shopped paint for a while so I'm out of touch. Where's the best deal?

My wife really likes their colors and I'm happy to pay a small premium for that alone. But I just like to know what I'm paying for. It's not like visitors to our house will see the Benjamin Moore logo on the walls.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

• shineoncrazydiamond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I have used BM regal for years. Always been happy with the look and longevity. Perhaps brand loyalty. I have seen reviews the confirm the BM is a quality product if not "the best". I have read some complaints on its price however.

Price is why I went with the âÂÂBenâ line - it is cheaper than Regal. I want to say I paid about 36 bucks a gallon. It is low VOC and odor which is important to my family. It also uses the newer color pigments I think from the Aura line - a kind of "pop" in the colors compared to what I am used to with regal. All reason I chose it over the "old standard" regal.

Now the Aura is very pricey. I would say I paid $48 per gallon. I went with the new Aura Bath and Spa in my bathroom for several reasons. Aura is typically rated as among the highest quality paints available. Our bathrooms get a lot of abuse - lots of kids- and not always using exhaust fan. The new âÂÂBath and Spaâ version is specifically designed for bathrooms and is in Matte. My wife did not want shinny so Matte is great. The bathroom is small so I only needed a gallon. Aura is also low VOC.

BM is sold all around me - mainly the ACE hardware stores. I did end up going to a specialty paint dealer to get a discount with all the paint and supplies I bought.