Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (3)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

I think there are too many threads, many of which never get visited, so some consolidation is in order.

It would be nice to have a hot button at the top of the thread that pops you down to the latest post...would be nice on the threads that get very long and require lots of scrolling to get to the bottom.

I think a sticky at the top that includes how to add pictures from websites such as photobucket or shutterfly would be helpful as I've had to explain that many times to posters already.

I think you want to be careful and not make change for the sake of change....instead only change it if the change adds real value.

It would be nice if after typing a post, the preview popped up in a different window as often I want to still refer back to the original thread to add more points, but the only way I can do that now is to open a whole new window on the thread.

It would also be nice if there were a check of some sort (if possible) to keep people from posting pics that are so large that they blow the margins...

I'm really tired of that old icy stone cottage picture at the top of the forum. It looks so cold and uninviting...hardly representative of what a warm and friendly place this is.

Thanks for asking...always good to know that you are working to keep improving this site.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

• domino123
    11 years ago

Warm and friendly place...well, that all depends on the forum you are on. Some are more welcoming than others.

Which brings me to this suggestion - how about the ability to "ignore" certain people on a thread so that I don't have to listen to those who are consistently argumentative or provide unproductive feedback (i.e. opinions where they aren't warranted). Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there are those who think they have to put their 2 cents in particularly when it doesn't add value to the discussion.

Yes, I'd love to ignore those people (and have all my posts invisible from them and vice versa) - so we can't see eachother. Same concept as blocking someone on facebook. We can't see eachother. Effective, simple and painless.