Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leanne77

color-taupe

leanne77
17 years ago

I need help with the color taupe. I recently saw a list of colors that coordinate with taupe or don't coordinate with taupe. Was it here? I would appreciate any help.

Comments (6)

• mqmoi
    17 years ago

Try the Decorating Forum and search for "taupe loves" and/or "taupe hates." Something like that.

• patricianat
    17 years ago

I have taupe trim throughout my house and I have found that very few of the yellows go with taupe. The taupe is so vast that it would cost more than the forum's "beloved granite" to repaint it all. The whole house has crown molding in layers, tray ceilings, plantation shutters, etc., in taupe and I have found that only a few yellowed undertones go with the taupe, but toasted wheat, cracker bitz and decatur buff will go with taupe. I do not like the look of soft blues with it and reds, greens,purples and blacks are its best colors. In addition to that, most of my stone that would be difficult to remove is a taupe-like travertine with cool undertones. I agree, white is its favorite companion but red is a second and then purple, with green being the other but black is wonderful with it.

• diytrying
    17 years ago

Is this a great forum or what! I can't believe I found the answer to a question I hadn't even gotten to yet. I'm redoing my bathroom with a starting point of beautiful dark red tile with a little black. Actually my starting point is one of those 70s light brown tubs that I'm stuck with. So, everything has to kind of work around that. Door and window facings are dark stain.I was thinking about a chocolate vanity with a black top (teens bath and that is what teens want). I was trying to visualize what to paint walls and what kind of finish to give them, venetian plaster, suede, etc. But I wasn't liking the golds that seem to go with the plaster. I think I'll do taupe and maybe some green. My real question is, would you put a white or bisquit sink and toilet with the above? Thank you.

• diytrying
    17 years ago

Oops, I just saw patricia43 above. You had given me great suggestions in the bath forum. As you can see, my daughter is thinking along the same lines with your chocolate vanity. I ended up buying taupe tiles for my bathroom so I'm using alot of your color scheme in both baths. I know you said you didn't like the bisquit with the taupe but what about with the dark red floor tiles? Does that amount of floor tile "weigh" more than the taupe walls when it comes to matching fixtures? Thanks.

• patricianat
    17 years ago

I am late getting back here, but I love dark red with taupe. It is a wonderful companion and I have even used the Chinese and Spanish reds with some orangish undertones with taupe and it is a very happy camper. I think it is where yellow is so strikingly apparent that taupe hates, as in oak that tends to be golden yellow.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm