Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best wall color to go with brick fireplace

Posted by stewiepopcorn (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 17, 09 at 15:20

Does anyone have an idea of a paint color that would work with this brick fireplace? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireplace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best wall color to go with brick fireplace

I personally would use a red.

o

A safe choice would be one of the colors in the bricks, which on my monitor appear to be shades of beige to orange. You could also match the color of the grout.

Post this on the Home Decorating form for more responses.

o

I am with octoberdana and would suggest a red/burgundy. I wouldn't try to blend with the fireplace and think a red would be a good contrast for this, plus it always looks good for holidays lol...

o

I disagree with red. Too often the brick, which usually has a lot of brown, can clash if directly next to the brick. Since colors can vary on monitors, I would look at a color wheel, find the color that most goes with your brick color and start looking color schemes. If it's a red brick with heavy browns, try looking at greens with brown tones. If it's an orangy brick, look more toward blues.

It also depends on what your final goal is. Do you want the brick to "pop" or do you want it to "disappear".

What about your furniture? Are you going to keep the cream colored drapes or replace them? If I were you, I would hammer out the fabric and furniture first and pick your paint color last. I have done it backwards before, painted the color and then tried to get things to "go" with it, but I could never get it all just right.

Kathe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here