Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help picking a paint color

Posted by FroofyCat (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 15:00

I"m dealing with an outdated bathroom. The pink/strawberry tile border is staying. I removed pepto bismol pink striped wallpaper from above.

I already tried beige - looked bad. Beige with a pinkish tint - looked really bad. Two shades of green - looked bad. It seems some sort of red/dark pink is going to work the best to tone down the border. Pretty much all else in room is white or white-ish, medium brown wood vanity and mirror

I know the colors won't look accurate on anyone's monitor but it gives an idea of what I'm dealing with. The left is Benjamin Moore Soft Cranberry and is a mauve, I'm afraid it will read as really pink when done en masse. The middle is Benjamin Moore Tea Room and is more "rosey" in person, I guess you could call it a dark mauve. It's my favorite, but never painted a room so dark and am afraid to go for it. The red on the right is Benjamin Moore Santa Fe Pottery and is more "berry"in person and picks up on an exact color in the strawberry tile.

Photobucket

OR, should I just go with an antique white??

I really want to finish tomorrow and be done with it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help picking a paint color

What about something in a green/gray family?

o

What about gold/yellow to pick up the color in the floral print. Also nice for a bathroom if you want to keep it cheery.

o

I agree with you (if you're a little nervous about deep colors, I would stay away from that). The minute I looked at your photo, I thought a very pale pink would look really nice, something that doesn't really read pink (stay away from the bubblegum, etc colors). Are are tiles a brite white or more off white? I can easily visualize a very soft look for your bathroom. Your tile looks like it's in great condition? I have the "wonderful" blue bathroom from the 70's. I too had stained wood vanity & mirror. I painted both white (which I love & haven't regretted).

o

Froofycat, here are some BM suggestions on light pinks....Fondant, Hint of Pink or Ambrosia (however, you could go a little deeper without the color being too pink). Post your photo after you paint!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here