Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting over a laminated backsplash

Posted by boothbay (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 23, 09 at 14:42

The picture shows my old laminated backsplash in kitchen with a new silestone countertop. I am considering in painting it...any suggestions of color to match the countertop and what and how to prepare that backsplash as far as method? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting over a laminated backsplash

Any suggestions on painting the backsplash to match the new silestone countertop? Paint, latex or oil..color and methond on how to prepare the surface.

o

Well, my firs upload didn't work, so here in the preview message, it does. I close it and submit it and the message may appear without it...go figure.

o

Check out STX primer. My local mom & pop hardware store carries it. They have a sample of the primer painted on glossy 4x4 tile. I took my nail to it and couldn't scratch the primer off. I've never used it, so I don't have the details on the primer. I'm not sure if it's oil or waterbased. Google it. I'm sure something will come up.

I've been checking into Rustoleum's Specialty Countertop Paint. It's formulated for laminate countertops, so I'm sure it will work on laminated backsplashes too. The box says it can be tinted to 16 different colors. You can see the colors on top of the box & online, but they may be hard to judge. They'll send you up to 3 color samples. I've seen it at both Lowe's and Home Depot in section where they carry the spray paint. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here