Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Martha Stewart paint symbols

Posted by greenmtn (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 14:36

I have some of the Martha Stewart paint chips from Home Depot. I see that throughout the store they have the items coded with the symbols - star, leaf, moon etc. I assume this classifies them into certain color groupings. However, I can't find anything that explains what each grouping is. For example, is one clear color, one muted tones, one vivid? I have searched the HD site and Martha site but did not find anything. Martha's site did have a quiz you take and it told me I am Natural Tones but there is no link to what colors fall into this grouping.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Martha Stewart paint symbols

Hello,

My name is Christine, and I work for The Home Depot in Atlanta.

This question has run across my mind a few times, the symbols make it very easy to decorate a beautifully coordinated room from start to finish. As far as I can tell, however they don’t have any relevance to the colors themselves. For instance if you have a paint color that has a star in the upper right hand corner, you will want to get curtains with a star as well. There are a few different designs with the star symbol, so you can get curtains that will match your design esthetic.

As far as getting natural tone colors, they are referring to warm, neutral colors.

Happy decorating!
Christine

o
RE: Martha Stewart paint symbols

Well, actually the symbols do relate to an organization system within the MS color palette. The symbols are suppose to help guide you to creating whole color palettes/schemes. Top to bottom for a single room or a whole house. Already posted the same answer on the Home Dec board:

The symbols are a key to coordination and it's based on harmony, not color categorization like lumping all the muted tones together.

If you assemble all the color chips with a moon symbol, for example, they are all suppose to harmonize and look pretty together. All the flower symbol colors "go" together, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here