Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ralph Lauren paint

Posted by taracol (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 14:35

What has been your experience in painting with Ralph Lauren paint? How is the quality and coverage? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ralph Lauren paint

Not good, in my experience and way over priced

o

We go through a LOT of it where I work.
(Independent store)

Faron

o

Faron, Have you ever actually used it?

o

There are lots of DIY painters on the Home Decorating forum. You might want to ask over there as well.

o

Hey Chris!

Yes I have. "Brittany Blue" #SS26) from the Sea & Sky collection a few years ago (Eggshell Deeptone base).
Also "Cottonwood" #TH29 (a HUGELY popular Beige).
ICI was still the owning/Mfg. company.
Now of course it's been Akzo-Nobel.

I LOVE the way it goes on. It's actually my fave to apply.
C2 is a very close 2nd.

We get no complaints about it, and we also STRESS application/tinted-priming cautions with most Neutral/Accent colors, no matter the brand.

$$Sales-wise, it keeps going up!

Faron

o

So its best to still use a primer even if its a neutral color? Im going to use Sisal (neutral beige). How many coats of paint do you think I will need to do? I had the sample paint I purchased the other day mixed and today I opened the can and there was so much of a watery substance on top it was like nothing I have ever seen before and I have used Sherwin Williams paints, Ben Moore, Glidden and Behr paints before. I know all paints are a big watery on top after being mixed but I needed to take a paint stick and mix it around for about 5 minutes before it even thickened a little. It went on very thin- even after 2 coats I can still see through it. Is this normal? Not impressed so far. Im wondering if another company can color match it to another type of paint but I dont want to change the color too much.

o

Faron, if it works for you, that's great. Me, I have never had any good times with it, so I just don't use it any more

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here