Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mgedid_gw

repainting another remodeled bathroom

mgedid
11 years ago

Dear Paint community,

I can never believe how much good advice I've seen on this site, but I've been poking around in the threads and have not been able to find whether this question has come up recently:

We have done some limited remodeling in my kids' bathroom, including installing a new window. (The window is on the interior wall between two bathrooms, so is not opened but will get plenty of humidity.) I feel as though I will need to caulk the frame before I prime and paint. (My contractor did so on the other side.) Any suggestions for the best caulk to use? I have a feeling that I'd even heard a brand name that painters swore by, but I never wrote it down.

Next, the existing (white) paint has a few damaged and stained spots that I'll need to go over again, as repair people have not been kind to it. I don't plan to repaint everything, as I'm going to be doing a pretty extensive multicolored mural.

So the question is, if I wash down the existing paint with very diluted bleach and water, can I just use the acrylic primer and then go to town with my semi-gloss acrylic colors for the mural?

Finally, I have an acrylic Zinser primer that I planned to use on everything.

Am I missing anything?

Many thanks,

Meg