Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SW Alabaster - Quick Rec Needed

Posted by stewar74 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 13:52

Our house is in the process of being repainted from a generic white on both the siding and trim. We chose SW Alabaster as the new color and agreed to allow both the trim and the siding to be again painted the same color. While it looks ok we would like some subtle contrast.

I have not been able to find pics or discussions about a trim color to use with Alabaster. Would SW Pure White work for the trim to add just a little contrast? Painter thinks we wouldn't notice any difference.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SW Alabaster - Quick Rec Needed

I'm not sure what you mean by the same color...do you mean the trim will be the same color as it was...white? Or do you mean the same color as the siding?

SW alabaster is a near white so I doubt you'll see much difference, and certainly very little difference with white trim. Hard to judge without a picture of your house, but most houses benefit from the look of the trim which will disappear unless you pick something with more contrast.

Even if you went with Bungalow Beige and left the trim white, you'd get enough contrast to add interest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here