Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Red paint to use in a living room with a piano?

Posted by EmeraldLake (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 13:50

Hey Folks,

I need suggestions on what kind of Red paint to use on the walls of a living room (with crown molding) where the dominnat object is a black satin-finished grand piano. I've been searching thru both BM and SW's colors but still couldn't make up my mind.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Red paint to use in a living room with a piano?

Red is a very strong color and would need to be broken up in some way so it doesn't become completely overwhelming. Perhaps you have a pic of the room?

Also red needs to be mixed in a deeper base so it doesn't need 6 coats to become the true shade of red.

Black is such a neutral that, by itself, it won't tell you what color to choose. Do you have other things in the room such as upholstery? drapes? artwork? Perhaps something like that will help steer you in the right direction.

Go to houzz.com and search on grand piano. Most rooms are more neutral in color and save the red for the accents like the art or the furniture.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here