Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zinsser Roll- A-Tex

Posted by mamacotti (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 13:48

Has anyone ever used this product? I'd love to be able to find something that I can just roll on to get a somewhat uniform appearance on some spots.

This house is 33 yrs old, lots of previous repairs in different spots. The "original" wall texture is smooth, or orange-peel(?).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

If it turns out that that was a really stupid question, I apoligize. The only times I've ever had walls textured was during renovations, and it was always knock-down. I'm just assuming a smooth texture is blown on? Maybe not...? I did ask the guys at SW if there was anything that I could roll on, and they said no, but then I found this Zinsser product.

So,any advice would certainly be appreciated!
Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zinsser Roll- A-Tex

I've owned a bunch of properties over the years including three rental properties that were at least 70 years old -- lots of abused walls. I've always repaired pockmarked walls the hard way: spackle/sand, spackle/sand until pleasing to the eye. I repair cracks using fiberglass tape and epoxy and/or spackle. I haven't used Roll-A-Tex but it just doesn't look like the best way to go. Consider using "wall liner" that is applied like wallpaper. It bridges imperfections, turns hard (like plaster) after application, and it can be painted or papered. You could surface an entire wall with liner or portions. The sheet edges would need to be feather edged with spackle, of course. I've seen wall liner in Home Depot and Lowes plus it's readily available on-line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here