Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting a porch threshold

Posted by graywings (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 13:26

The painting plan for my porch calls for the threshold to be the same color as the framing around the door (green) and then the porch boards are blue. Is there any way I can use the exterior wall paint (MooreGlo) on the threshold? I don't want to have to buy a quart of green porch paint for what amounts to probably two square feet of flooring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting a porch threshold

Sure. Why not try it. Worse that can happen is it doesn't hold up and you have to sand it down and repaint with porch paint. And I know you got that sanding thing down so it shouldn't be a problem. ;)

o

Well, what I was hoping for was for someone to tell me you can coat acrylic paint with poly or something else since my internet research comes up with mixed results. But if no one comes up with that, that's a good fallback position.

By the way, the blue you pointed me to - Vermont Slate - looks wonderful. I tested it on some of the outer boards of the porch and it is a glorious color.

o

Ooooh, looking for some special recipe to make it as durable as a porch paint. I don't know, seems like there should be some way to add layers, coatings to make it work??

I've had the V. Slate chip on my tac board ever since I found it for you. Serious color crush.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here