Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paint with baking soda?

Posted by sigurds (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 2, 10 at 12:50

About to enter the painting phase of our home building project. Our painter is asking whether I want paint with baking soda in the bathrooms and laundry room. Apparently this is new product designed to absorb odours. I'm leaning towards no, but would be interested in knowing if anyone has knowledge or experience with this option. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paint with baking soda?

It's a marketing gimmick ... The amount of baking soda that can be incorporated into the paint in tiny.

As we all know, it chemically reacts with things, gives off the CO2 and it's not baking soda any more.

"The odor elimination life span depends on the concentration of the odors, the frequency of exposure and the amount of surface area you cover.

I'd rather pay for REAL baking soda and soap and actual cleanliness instead of hiding odors.

o
RE: paint with baking soda?

Yeah...mainly "gimmick" stuff there. SOME slight benefit for a little while, then any effectiveness is gone.

Just stick with good paints in a Satin or Semi-gloss and you're golden!

Faron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here