Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Martha Stewart 'Picket Fence'

Posted by marisany (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 10:48

I am considering using cabinets from MS' new line at Home Depot. I am going to have a row of five 30"-wide 3-drawer base cabinets built into a knee wall in our attic. The white color that is available is Picket Fence, the same as in their paint line. This will mean that I will be painting all the other woodwork that color. Because the attic doesn't get much natural light, I was planning to use a warm, light color. Picket Fence is grayer than the creamy whites I've used elsewhere in the house. I'm wondering whether it will look right with the clear colors I am planning to use. The two suggested coordinating colors on the sample are Rice Paper (grayed yellow) and Rainwater (grayish green).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Martha Stewart 'Picket Fence'

I, too am about to order "Skylands" in Picket Fence in my new kitchen and am looking at the same situation. Did you happen to notice the symbols next to the paint colors on her paint card? The symbol you see next to Picket Fence means that all other paint colors on the card with that symbol will be harmonious with each other.

o
RE: Martha Stewart 'Picket Fence'

Thanks for the tip, blondie. I see now that there is a symbol that looks like an asterisk. Strange, Rice Paper, on the same card, has a different symbol. I'll have to look into this further. What color are you planning to use in your kitchen?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here