Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to get my bathroom painted before Thanksgiving. Help please!

Posted by pammysue52 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 29, 10 at 10:17

My son-in-law primed my bathroom with bin 123 two months ago, but it hasn't been painted yet. Do I need to re-prime it before painting? I would rather do that than sanding. The primer smell is pretty strong. Could I use a different primer over that, or if I use 123 again, will the paint cover up that smell?

My bathroom does have an exhaust fan, but I do notice some moisture on the walls after a shower. I do not like alot of sheen on the walls. Also, I would like to paint the ceiling and the walls the same light color and use the same paint for both. What brand and sheen would you recommend?

I have painted alot in the past, but not a bathroom. I really don't have any idea how to proceed with this.

Thank you for any input to my problem!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to get my bathroom painted before Thanksgiving. Help ple

No need to prime again.

Just clean any visible dirt off and paint.

If you don't have an exhaust fan, make sure the walls are DRY before you paint, and let it dry for several days before you use it.

I personally like Behr's "flat enamel". It's extremely tough, washable with almost no sheen at all.

o
RE: Need to get my bathroom painted before Thanksgiving. Help ple

Lazygardens, thank you! I was really concerned the paint wouldn't adhere after the primer sat that long. I thought I read somewhere that it could only sit two weeks max.
I do have some sanding dust I need to clean off, then I am set to go!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here