Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Cutting In with Aura

a1an
13 years ago

Any issues with cutting in 2X before painting twice....meaning I do all my cut ins twice before I roll....

Comments (10)

• paintguy22
    13 years ago

There shouldn't be any problems doing it that way.

• paintguy1
    13 years ago

No but you need to be sure to feather each coat completely or you risk picture framing your wall. To mitigate this, plan on two complete coats of Aura.

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    13 years ago

2 paintguy's? can I be paintguy3?

• kimbers324
    13 years ago

I use Aura all the time and have found that it works best to roll first, then cut into the wet paint. Seems to go quicker, too. Also, it is important to use a good quality brush that wont' leave brush strokes.

• a1an
    Original Author
    13 years ago

EVERYTHING I have read with Aura is that the recommended practice is to cut 1st and then roll. Whether order you do is a personal queestion, but I plan to just cut twice and then roll twice. As far as I know, it drys quick (not cure but dry....) , so I don't plan to backroll at all. Just spread, roll, and move on...

You want to roll after cutting....as the goal is to roll as close to the cut in as possible to hide the brush marks and maintain whatever stipple your roller is leaving

• paintguy22
    13 years ago

kimber, that is just the wrong way to paint with Aura. It is the opposite of what they recommend.

• trk65
    13 years ago

I find that 1 good cut-in (feathered carefully) is enough even if you roll out two coats. I roll my second coat as tightly as I can. I like that method with Aura and it certainly saves time.

• Jody
    13 years ago

I used Aura in my son's bathroom and enjoyed working with it. I cut in all around the room then rolled; repeated the procedure the next day.

I found it easy to use and it looks FABULOUS :) We used the color Granite in a matte finish.

• WendyB 5A/MA
    13 years ago

I do what trk65 does.

• debbie_2008
    13 years ago

I used Aura and will never again. It shows roller marks when the light hits the wall. Spotting in a place is impossible. It will always show.