Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
salilsurendran

Blue colored bedroom

salilsurendran
11 years ago

Hey Guys,

Recently I had to do some dry wall repair and hence since the wall needed to be painted anyway I decided to paint the bedroom. I liked a dark blue color(photo attached) and bought it from Lowes (Valspar - Semi Gloss). Once the contractor started painting it I saw that it was too bright. Now I am wondering if I am screwed? I think if I have white furniture it will go well with the color as shown in the second image. I do really like dark furniture. Any other ideas with respect to furniture.

Comments (9)

• salilsurendran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the design I am thinking about.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

I had a room that was a bright blue that worked well for awhile, and then I wanted to change it up, so I faux finished the walls by swirling on a white paint on the upper portion and applied a wallpaper border.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Hmmmm if you think it's too bright then wouldn't it make you feel better just to repaint it. Unless you planned to buy all white furniture, painting is the cheapest way to go. I too think it's too bright for a bedroom and you'd soon grow tired of it.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Hmmmm if you think it's too bright then wouldn't it make you feel better just to repaint it. Unless you planned to buy all white furniture, painting is the cheapest way to go. I too think it's too bright for a bedroom and you'd soon grow tired of it.

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

I'm a huge fan of blue, but I'd have a hard time living with that blue in my bedroom. I'd have a harder time buying all new furniture to match a wall color! Repainting is a pain, but not so difficult. It took me 3 tries to get our living room right.

• salilsurendran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am much happier with the color now. I think the painter has done a great job. The camera didn't capture the light from the windows very well.

• salilsurendran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another image from the other side. The cupboard is being painted white. I think I should go with white furniture.

• peaches12345
    11 years ago

Just wondering why you used semi-gloss on bedroom walls? It's shiny and usually used for trim, not walls. Not criticizing, just wondering why.

• salilsurendran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@patty0315. I probably made a mistake there, I didn't quite like the eggshell version that was on my wall and wanted something shinier like the one in my den(attached photo).