Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindiw2

Quickest way to finish?

cindiw2
12 years ago

The paint job is not good in guest room. It has just been painted. There are patches that are not uniform with the rest of the wall, and there are gouges in the wall that are obvious even though freshly painted over. How difficult would it be for me to give it a knockdown texture over this paint job to cover up the flaws and call it a day, or a get to the finish?

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    12 years ago

Just skin coat the gouges, spot prime and apply another coat of paint. Way easier than knockdown.

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'll try that first. Just in case, though, this does not work well to hide the flaws and I have to go with knockdown, is that the next easiest way to solve the problem? Or would new drywall possibly do the job?

• graywings123
    12 years ago

Neither. Your wall problems are highly visible but easily fixable.

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, I am hiring a new person to repair the job, and that's what she said she would do. (sand, prime, and paint) I hope that works.

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    12 years ago

Just skin coat the gouges,

That should be skiM not n

• Michael
    12 years ago

Do I need to come over there and fix that wall!!?? :)

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Interestingly enough, a new person came over and "did over" what the other painter did. And I have almost the same result. Not good. I am left wondering why the problem exists. The problem is the same protrusions appear (that would be the holes that were originally sanded and filled in), and a difference in glaze appears from the rest of the wall in those spots. Why, I don't know. She sanded down the original offenders, applied spackling to the spots, sanded, and painted, but it appears to be similar to the first job. Therefore, I am wondering just how difficult it would be to skiM coat the entire wall to make it even. If I could understand what went wrong (aside from now TWO bad painters), I would be happier. I am learning that sometimes you simply cannot make good a bad wall by patching it up and painting over it. SOMETIMES you have to either put in new drywall, or skim coat it. So since skim coat may be less work than putting in new drywall in those place (I'm not sure), I'm thinking to go that way.

• Michael
    12 years ago

Can you take a picture of that wall? I would like to see it from a direct view and a side view.

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I will try to take a picture, because of the light and the camera it does not take a true picture, but I will try. Thanks.