Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior/Exterior paint quotes

Posted by daniyal (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 12, 10 at 1:30

I have just recently moved to Springfield, MO and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the price for an interior paint quote would be(also exterior). I will be working mostly in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas.
I have been told by a few home builders that they will supply the paint and pay $1.00 to $1.25 SF for an interior paint job. This doesn't seem to be very much considering I might have to hire at least 1 person and then pay for insurance/workers comp....
I have been working as a paint contractor for the last 10 years and have never worked for pay this low. Before moving to MO most of my jobs had been around $3.00 SF

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior/Exterior paint quotes

I have been told by a few home builders that they will supply the paint and pay $1.00 to $1.25 SF for an interior paint job. This doesn't seem to be very much considering I might have to hire at least 1 person and then pay for insurance/workers comp....
I have been working as a paint contractor for the last 10 years and have never worked for pay this low. Before moving to MO most of my jobs had been around $3.00 SF

I guess rates are just different among painters and in different parts of the country.

I for one, would just do it myself. I sure wouldn't pay anything near $3 a square foot, though others might

o
RE: Interior/Exterior paint quotes

This is really an impossible question to answer online, regardless of where you live in the country. In order to come up with a square foot price for any single builder, you have to look at what that particular builder requires in terms of painting...is there trim, staircases, exterior, high ceilings, etc, etc, etc...way to many factors to even venture a guess as to whether or not $1 per square foot is fair or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here