Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dover White (SW) and Grassland (SW) fix suggestions

Posted by booklover17 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 9, 10 at 23:42

Hello! First post! I just painted the powder room Grassland, and now the room feels darker. Could this be because the painter painted the ceiling Grassland also? (By mistake) There is white crown molding and door trim in Pure White. I need to lighten up this room somehow without repainting. Cabinets are oak and accessories are brushed nickel.

The house has all new interior doors and closet doors, and they were all painted Dover White. This color now looks to me to be more of an ivory than white in one room, especially when set against bright white trim. I am thinking this color for trim and doors does not go well with lighter beige/ivory colors (BM Hawthorne 1/2 formula) as it seems to fade away in the master bedroom. The two other rooms have Restrained Gold and Sedate Gray, and in those the Dover White looks like the chip--a slighty creamy white but white. I can't paint all the doors over, and I left the ones in the hall with the original brighter white trim, so I have 2 questions: Does a differnt trim color from door color look dumb? And what should I paint the trim in the master bedroom? Sorry soooo long of a post!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here