Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booklover17_gw

Dover White (SW) and Grassland (SW) fix suggestions

booklover17
13 years ago

Hello! First post! I just painted the powder room Grassland, and now the room feels darker. Could this be because the painter painted the ceiling Grassland also? (By mistake) There is white crown molding and door trim in Pure White. I need to lighten up this room somehow without repainting. Cabinets are oak and accessories are brushed nickel.

The house has all new interior doors and closet doors, and they were all painted Dover White. This color now looks to me to be more of an ivory than white in one room, especially when set against bright white trim. I am thinking this color for trim and doors does not go well with lighter beige/ivory colors (BM Hawthorne 1/2 formula) as it seems to fade away in the master bedroom. The two other rooms have Restrained Gold and Sedate Gray, and in those the Dover White looks like the chip--a slighty creamy white but white. I can't paint all the doors over, and I left the ones in the hall with the original brighter white trim, so I have 2 questions: Does a differnt trim color from door color look dumb? And what should I paint the trim in the master bedroom? Sorry soooo long of a post!

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer