Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Custom aerosol spray can paint

Posted by jamies (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 21:35

Do you have experience with this, or insight to share?
I am painting indoor shutters. I practiced with a brush and that isn't going to work. I tried a can of Rustoleum and that I can do, but the color is wrong.

Myperfectcolor.com can ship custom colors. I was going to buy all I need at once in order to get the discounted price, so I wonder if anyone can tell me that it is decent paint?

They only sell alkyd. I found a site that claims to sell latex but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks in advance for any experience you can share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Custom aerosol spray can paint

Try a PREVAL unit. They make a retro unit that will allow you to spray any product.

o
RE: Custom aerosol spray can paint

I wanted to report back on the aerosol from myperfectcolor.

I didn't want to purchase or rent any painting equipment, so this seemed the best way to go. 60% of the cans work all the way through without clogging. The rest of the time you have to soak the nozzle in paint thinner for a few minutes sometime during the application.

I got the fast dry paint in semi gloss finish. It appears less glossy than canned paint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here