Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting plastic decorative window shutters

Posted by mrgpag (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 21:05

Ours are starting to fade - they are/were dark brown - but otherwise in good shape and I hate to toss something good that justs needs a coat of paint. Would want to paint them brown. Anyone have any success doing this and if so, what was your prep and what type of paint did you use?
Marshall

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting plastic decorative window shutters

If they are vinyl and you like the color I highly recommend Vinyl-Renu. It totally refreshes the color and makes everything look brand new.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vinyl-Renu information

o

I've used Shutter-Renu on my house shutters since it came out. Excellent results in restoring the color and leaves the shutters with a soft gloss sheen.

I recommend it, unless you're wishing to change colors, then you'll need to clean and repaint with Fusion or other Vinyl/Plastic paints.

o

Thanks for the info - I'll look 1nto these products.
Marshall

o

I'd recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant as a great product for restoring vinyl shutters, and it protects against future UV damage.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Restore Faded Vinyl Shutters

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here