Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed - question about Emerald Paint

Posted by Scarlett001 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 20:40

Okay, my paint saga continues.

Took a sample can of Sherwin Williams Ivoire into the Benj Moore store that my contractor works with for a colour match, and they BLUNDERED the colour match. Not even close - I painted the new paint onto a board with Ivoire already painted onto it, and it was a bad match. Took the board into a different Benj Moore store and they said it was "not the same colour" which confirmed my own opinion. I could get this other store to attempt another match as they said that without a doubt they could do way better than that awful attempt. But I am tired of this. Thinking of just turning to the SW Emerald Paint to make sure I get the exact colour I chose!!

The thing is this. I wanted to use Aura Matte because of its great reviews. But there is less info out there on SW Emerald Paint as it is newer. How have people who have used it found Emerald Paint? I hear it is a bit thicker to work with, but my contractors should be able to deal with that. My bigger worry is that my no-voc Natura paint (Benj Moore) that I've used in the past was terrible - dried with a tackiness and I am not impressed. My fear is that no-voc Emerald will so the same and dry up sort of tacky/sticky. Has anyone found this to be an issue? If not, then I will likely go with Emerald Paint.

I may buy a sample can of SW Emerald in Ivoire and see how it dries up in advance of the contractors coming to do the paint job. But I'd love any comments - esp. positive ones (!!) of how SW Emerald dries up. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed - question about Emerald Paint

Get the Emerald, it is fine paint, you will not be un happy

o

Thank you!! In fact, I agree based on my test today. I tested the Emerald side-by-side with the Natura to test "stickiness". Sure enough, the Natura dried sticky - and the Emerald was just fine (phew!!). So Emerald it is. So if anyone is looking for the best no-VOC paint, I'd recommend Emerald way over Natura. Just thought that I would post this in case anyone is making this decision.

o

I appreciate your input Scarlett. This is a PITA. I'm looking at a few colors in Emerald and two colors in Aura. I have to commit... so many varying opinions and experiences:-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here