Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

Help needed - question about Emerald Paint

Scarlett001
11 years ago

Okay, my paint saga continues.

Took a sample can of Sherwin Williams Ivoire into the Benj Moore store that my contractor works with for a colour match, and they BLUNDERED the colour match. Not even close - I painted the new paint onto a board with Ivoire already painted onto it, and it was a bad match. Took the board into a different Benj Moore store and they said it was "not the same colour" which confirmed my own opinion. I could get this other store to attempt another match as they said that without a doubt they could do way better than that awful attempt. But I am tired of this. Thinking of just turning to the SW Emerald Paint to make sure I get the exact colour I chose!!

The thing is this. I wanted to use Aura Matte because of its great reviews. But there is less info out there on SW Emerald Paint as it is newer. How have people who have used it found Emerald Paint? I hear it is a bit thicker to work with, but my contractors should be able to deal with that. My bigger worry is that my no-voc Natura paint (Benj Moore) that I've used in the past was terrible - dried with a tackiness and I am not impressed. My fear is that no-voc Emerald will so the same and dry up sort of tacky/sticky. Has anyone found this to be an issue? If not, then I will likely go with Emerald Paint.

I may buy a sample can of SW Emerald in Ivoire and see how it dries up in advance of the contractors coming to do the paint job. But I'd love any comments - esp. positive ones (!!) of how SW Emerald dries up. :)

Comments (3)