Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dsumma_gw

Need a gray that goes with BM Linen White

dsumma
9 years ago

Hello,

Looking for a BM light/mid gray that would look nice with BM Linen White trim. Honestly, if I listen to my husband and just throw a dart, I'll probably be just fine, but I thought I'd ask here. The room gets some morning sun.

Thank you very much!

Comments (8)

• milele
    9 years ago

Hello, I just painted my house rooms in any possible light gray (4 different NM shades). The small bathroom I left it linen White. I do not think Linen white does the best with gray (any grey). I think you need something lighter and brighter. Linen white has some beige in it. MHO

• milele
    9 years ago

As a second thought, try Coventry grey. It might work because it has a little green in it

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    9 years ago

What flavor of gray do you think you want?

A true, neutral gray is achromatic, is colorless, has no trace of hue. And is actually kinda hard to find as far as paint colors go.

What most people mean when they say they're looking for a gray is a chromatic gray. Chromatic grays are so close to a true, neutral gray that it's difficult to detect any hue, but they do have some degree of hue and do indeed belong to a hue family.

You can find a chromatic gray from every hue family in the visible spectrum. Depends on what you're looking for. Examples of hue parents and lighter/darker, grayed child colors:

• dsumma
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hue parents and child colors is fascinating. I can see why LW could be a challenge. Thank you for your replies. I'll look into Coventry gray. Any more suggestions are welcome.

• Christina Taylor
    9 years ago

Is there such thing as an achromatic grey paint?

• rileysmom
    6 years ago
    having the same problem. try darker taupey greys like Chelsea grey or light taupey grey like pale oak, or sea pearl
  • lin15
    3 years ago

My small den off of the remodeled family / kitchen that’s done in gray owl and white dove needs painting!
    It had a curved bank of windows ( 6) And almost floor to ceiling. The flooring from the last 90’s is the multi slate. The mortar is a steel gray.
    The trim is in excellent condition and i hate to paint it $$$ ... but it’s linen white. Ugh. I don’t think the gray owl will work ... Any suggestions?