Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paint board & batten and brick same or diff?

Posted by azjenny (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 18:26

Hi all, I have been a lurker here for a long time but this is my first time actually posting I think...

I am getting ready to completely remodel a ranch house that was built in 1953... It has not been touched since then.

We are going to paint the brick because we won't be able to match it perfectly and need to change some of the window shapes, etc.. I can't decide if we should paint the brick and board & batten areas the same or different colors. Or a different shade of the same color.

I am pretty sure I will leave the b&b a shade of white, but should the brick be white as well, or maybe gray? And if gray, how dark?

I do need to figure this out at least somewhat soon, because it may help me figure out what color to order the new windows.

I am attaching a pic of the outside of the house now, and a pic of the rendering of what it may look like when it's done.

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paint board & batten and brick same or diff?

And here is the picture of the possible outcome, but paint could obviously go another way...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here