Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellendi_gw

What white trim to go with BMSwiss Coffee?

ellendi
9 years ago

Any recommendations? Also does anyone know the difference between Behr's Swiss Coffee and Benjamin Moore"s?

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    9 years ago

Also does anyone know the difference between Behr's Swiss Coffee and Benjamin Moore"s?

Based on hue/value/chroma, yes:

Behr 12U Swiss Coffee
    4.12Y / 9.27 / 0.71

BenM OC-45 Swiss Coffee
    5.73Y / 9.13 / 0.62

Delta E difference between the two is 1.6 which means "very small difference, only obvious to a trained eye". Looking at each color's H/V/C numbers you can tell that statement is very likely true. (I myself did not pull the chips to take a look.)

A white to go with BenM's Swiss Coffee:

Super White in any finish will give you a good amount of contrast to Swiss Coffee. Juxtaposed to Swiss Coffee, Super White will indeed look Super White and Swiss Coffee's colorfulness will be more noticeable. In other words Swiss Coffee won't look like a color of white.

White Dove will contrast by just a snidge but if you do White Dove in a high gloss finish and Swiss Coffee in flat or matte, it will look fabulous, cohesive and consistent. Because unlike Super White, White Dove and Swiss Coffee are more closely related.

• diytrying
    9 years ago

When my HD paint person looked at the formulas, she said the BM Swiss Coffee has black in it, Behr doesn't. Painted a sample on wood and could see it there. Agree with fun colors, you would need a very white to contrast. (I went with a new color from Behr, White Veil, tiny bit lighter and warmer. I'm loving it so far.)

• HouseRemod
    9 years ago

I'd go to an actual paint store personally. If you're going to go to HD, buy a piece of trim, buy a few samples of white paint and paint parts of the trim.