Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighten up the paint?

Posted by rubybaby43 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 17:29

Hey all! We have a couple of cans of blue paint that our daughter had picked out awhile ago. Things came up and we weren't able to get the painting in her room done. Now I'm thinking the color would be too dark for her room anyway. I'm just wondering how possible is it to lighten up the color? Do we do it ourselves by adding white? Do we just bring them back in where we got them and see what they can do? I know that at least if we bring them back in they will get them mixed a lot better....whether we change the color or not, those can have sat far too long to not get mixed!

Thanks for any input!
Kristy :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighten up the paint?

The only thing the paint store can do is darken it.

Make some test paint samples of the dilutions, using a measuring cup so you know the proportions:

1/4 cup blue + 1/4 cup white
1/4 cup blue + 2/4 cup white

Then mix up the remaining paint, using quarts instead of 1/4 cup measures

o
RE: Lighten up the paint?

Thanks for the input! We have several options....now it comes down to deciding what to do.

Kristy :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here