Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurenps

Exterior Paint Issues? Please Help!

LaurenPS
12 years ago

Hi, we just had the exterior of our house painted with Benjamin Moore Solid Stain called Arbor Coat. We have a couple of problems with the job and I am looking for advice from an experienced painter or someone who is familiar with exterior work. Upon completion of the job we noticed that when viewing the south side of our house in the late afternoon you could see lap marks where the painter stopped and then restarted. It does not look attractive, and it does not look professional. The front of garage has a similar problem with the paint looking very uneven and this is noticeable when you come up our driveway. We have not paid the painter in full. We talked to him about the front of the garage and he said over time it will blend in. The side was just completed and we haven't talked to him yet. In addition to these issues the painters helper broke a light and crushed the back side of our window air conditioner....haven't said anything yet. What should we do and is there a forum that states what is acceptable for a paint job?? I don't feel like I am being to picky. Oh and the job cost $7000 and did include some repair carpentry. The painter is coming to paint the front door and will want final payment. What to do???

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio