Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Aura vs. Natura paint

Posted by mom270 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 16:19

Can anyone explain the difference between these paints, both in terms of application and how they look? I've used Aura in a few rooms in my house and the painters (pro and family) have been unhappy with how thick it is and they say difficult to apply. It does look kind of gloppy on trim. Would Natura go on more smoothly? Does Aura look better than Natura on the walls due to more pigmentation or something?

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Aura vs. Natura paint

I had my master bedroom done in Natura and guest rooms in Aura (hated the colour in guest rooms so will be redoing, but that is a side issue).

My contractors noted that the Natura was *really* thick and rather difficult to work with - the paint job underneath was a bit troubled so hard to tell which blotches etc. were due to previous paint job and which could be due to Natura paint issues. In comparison, these same contractors loved the Aura paint and found it nice to work with (different than what your painters said). So if your people found Aura thick and difficult, they may find Natura even more so based on what my painters said.

Also, my Natura paint still has a slight stickiness to it even weeks later whereas Aura dried up perfectly. I want to use a no-VOC paint, but based on my experience I'd go low-VOC/Aura before I'd use no-VOC/Natura.

o

Aura should not be thick. I have used hundreds of gallons of it and it was never thick. Maybe you got a bad can?

o

Thanks for the feedback.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here