Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ksb1_gw

urgent.. What color exterior with grey roof?

ksb1
16 years ago

We are getting our house painted this week! yikes. I thought I had decided on a color, which is a lightish creamy beige (I know, boring but it looks really pretty on stucco and I have lots of color inside so... lol). But now I'm getting cold feet. I was wondering what colors go well with a dark grey roof? What trim colors? The house is a two story contemporary stucco.

Everyone around here goes with neutrals so I didn't want anything crazy. One neighbor has a light grey house. The other is a very light greenish tan (?) with green trim. I would appreciate any ideas :) Thanks!

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    16 years ago

A dark grey roof is a dream to work with IMO. Rarely is the roof a complete flat gray. There are often speckles of other colors that you don't really notice until you get some color on the house.

Grey roofs can be pulled so many color directions so easily. If you've tested your color out side on the house, evaluated how it ties into the roof and you don't see or feel anything glaring or out of harmony, I bet you'll be okay with your creamy color selection.

• Michael
    16 years ago

What is the roof pitch? How much of the roof is visible from the street? A low slope roof doesn't show off much color.

When looking at roofing, be sure you look at it in place and not directly in front of you, on the ground. The visual effects of an installed roof is greatly different than holding a shingle in your hand.

With grey, I'd choose Herringbone or Ivory.

Michael

• ksb1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for your replies! I didn't realize grey was a "neutral" :) I went with KM Spanish sand with frost trim and a bravado color door. I agree that ivory would have looked good, but many of my neighbors already used it :)

• bluesalsa
    16 years ago

I have a grey slate roof. The stucco is a very warm white - ivory but with a tiny bit of burnt sienna and grey.
    Rain gutters are raw copper - they are aging to a dull reddish brown, not the green patina.
    The pre-cast is a cement grey.
    We have many positive comments on the way it all looks.

• Aleidas17_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I need paint my house and the color on the roof is grey.what color you suggest for Mach my house

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio