Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting on different Primers

Posted by leggestand (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 14:50

I am painting a storage room, so I used two different primers that I had on hand instead of buying more: one tinted tan and one white. The paint (an off-white "oyster" color) appears lighter on the tan primer than on the white primer (the opposite of what I would expect). Is there a way for me to even this out? Should I put another coat on only one? Which one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting on different Primers

If paint was applied evenly, you shouldn't see ANY difference.
Since your color is basically White, it has the most "opacity".

Put a 2nd FULL COAT of paint on everything. Don't push paint too thin.

>>> IF you're getting about 20 square feet (a 4'x5' area) per roller-load, it's WAAAYY too thin.
>>> This is assuming a top-notch roller-sleeve @ 3/8" nap.
>>> Aim for ~ 2'x3'...SIX S.F., per load!!!

Faron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here