Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drybean_gw

Matching Up Cool Whites/Wall Color to Coordinate

drybean
13 years ago

I'm making myself crazy with this and hope someone with better color experience can assist.

I am in the midst of updating our kitchen. The oak cabinets will be painted white. The room faces west and gets a lot of warm afternoon light. Black Granite.

I am 99% certain that I want White Dove for this color, which is a cool white. I am using American Olean White subways with Maiepe Warm Grey grout.

Should my trim all be White Dove as well? There is a window casing adjacent to the kitchen cabinets, so I feel that it should match or be intentionally different.

Finally, would using a warm grey like Edgecomb Grey clash with the cool cabinets? Do you have any suggestions for a light cool gray?

I have tried several cool grays that look too blue. Stonington Gray looks too white.

I'm concerned about mixing cool & warm grays. My kitchen was previously way too orange (golden oak cabinets, light oak floors, light tan counters), but I am almost afraid I'm going too far in the other direction and it will be too cold now.

Comments (2)