Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for something to go with SW Rainwashed

Posted by jamimac (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 29, 11 at 13:47

I used Sherwin Williams Rainwashed in our master bathroom and LOVE the color. It's exactly what I was wanting. My plan was to go with a gray color in the bedroom and accent with aquas and yellows. The first color I chose (Ozark Shadows) came out lavendery and I think clashes with the Rainwashed. The next sample was too muddy. I'm thinking about going with Comfort Gray, but don't know if that will clash with Rainwashed. I think Quietude might be more green than I was wanting. If I can't find a gray I'm leaning towards using Rainwashed. Would that look funny used in two adjoining rooms? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for something to go with SW Rainwashed

i have a rainwashed bedroom, and painted the tray ceiling rainwashed too. if your bathroom adjoins the bedroom, i think it would look great in rainwashed as well. I think they call it en suite? Very classy. A flat finish on the bedroom looks really soft and comfortable. I have never slept better than with this color/finish combo. and maybe go with gray and yellow accents then? My other colors are light caramel, super dark olive that reads brown, a little leafy green, and just a hint of purple (from a large hydrangea photo)

o

Thanks so much! That is exactly what I was looking for! I used satin in the bathroom and I wasn't sure what to use in the bedroom.

o

For a gray, use Grayish or Repose Gray. Or I would go down 2 from Rainwashed & do Halcyon Green. It's absolutely gorgeous. And I second the flat finish.

~Jeana

o

I tried comfort gray at lake house and it was way to green and dark. pretty though.

o
RE:Halcyon green

Painted bedroom very nice.

o

jamimac - do you have a picture of your master bath? We are thinking about using SW rainwashed in our dining room, but I haven't seen it in person yet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here