Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Taupe Paint

Posted by belle123 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 10 at 13:26

Does anyone know of a greige/taupe for exterior that is neutral, brown or gray tone and doesn't pull yellow, green or pink? I'm having difficulty picking one because of my brick color (which is the tumbled look mostly orange but multicolored with some red, brown, black and white).

I have tried quite a few colors from SW & BM but they seem to drastically alter and turn the paints either yellow, green or pink. Here's what I've tried...
SW Latte (very gold)
SW Utterly Beige (too light and pink)
BM Tavern Taupe (green)
BM Lenox Tan (gold)
BM Davenport Tan (golden chestnut)
BM Weimeraner (best so far, but still a bit pink)
BM Driftwood (pink)

We would really appreciate any advice and thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Photos in Flickr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Taupe Paint

Try Benjamin Moore "Bennington Gray." It's really not gray--it's a nice taupe. We used it for our house and it combines very nicely with the brick.

Here is a link that might be useful: House painted with BM Bennington Gray

o
RE: Taupe Paint

Thanks for the suggestion lisah:) The color is very attractive on your home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here