Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fancythis_gw

Happy with Color Me Happy

fancythis
11 years ago

I want to share my experience and sent out compliments to Maria Killam of Color Me Happy. I've read some things about her but wanted to find out for myself and I must say that she knows her stuff. First I bought her book which is full of useful information and I could see the mistakes I made already on my own home. So I called her to set up a consultation and she was a delight to work with. She talks a bit fast so I had to stay with her but I found her to be thorough, interested in all aspects of my project, she's funny and in the end saved me hundreds of dollars. This gal is worth every penny and I've become a fan. She knows what she's talking about and is not afraid to say it and I also like that she doesn't come off like she's perfect.

Comments (8)

• graywings123
    11 years ago

Welcome to GardenWeb, Fancythis. Glad you had a good experience. Any pictures to share of rooms she helped you with?

• mom270
    11 years ago

Agree with graywings, would love to see pictures or more detail about how her advice helped you. I bought her book and was pretty disappointed with it. It had very little content stretched out to make it appear bigger and there was pretty much nothing she hadn't said before on her blog. I wouldn't buy another one of her books.

• fancythis
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi all, thank you for the offer to show my home and what I did with her suggestions but we haven't completed the job yet and I am a little web shy to put my home online, so I will give it some thought and check with hubby. Maybe when it's completely finished. I can only say I like her and I got a lot out of her book and she gave great money saving advice on more than just paint, so I guess there's room for all of us in this world.

• graywings123
    11 years ago

You don't have to put your entire home on line, but one before and after picture of part of one room would be great.

What specific advice did Maria Killam give you that saved you hundreds of dollars?

• mom270
    11 years ago

I understand about not wanting to post pictures of your house. What I don't understand is why you couldn't provide a few details about how her advice helped you, i.e. I was going to use paint color X and she suggested paint color Y. Since I didn't think the book was worthwhile, I'm interested to hear how her advice helped you.

• fancythis
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yikes cool down. I'm not a spammer. I came here for gardening and dropped in to this forum as well. We�re updating the main floor and upstairs of our home and had picked our paint, flooring, tiles, countertops, and crown molding. We pretty much know what we wanted to do but thought we should get some advice just to be really sure. We talked about everything we were doing and she confirmed some of our choices and suggested changes to others. She told us to return the accent tile for the bathroom because it was too busy. It turned out we didn�t need it and it was expensive but the sales clerk said it was a must have so we bought it. We agreed with most of what she said and some we didn�t. But as soon as I saw the paint go up I knew I was wrong and she was right so I told the painters to come back in the morning. Long story but there is a big difference in Atrium White my pick and Chantilly Lace her pick. She was gracious about it and took my calls and responded to emails in general she treated me right and I asked her to bill me extra but she didn�t. And she really says 'well colormehappy.. and fancythis or fancythat'. All in all, I like her, I learned a lot from her blog and her book, and she saved me money. I'm sorry to have caused all this fuss and didn't mean to upset anyone.

• mom270
    11 years ago

I'm wondering what happened to the rest of this thread, which included someone posting a link to a review by "Fancythis" of Maria Killam dated a year ago (which obviously contradicts the "we're not finished yet" post.) Just trying to keep the forum real.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    11 years ago

The thread on the dec forum was edited as well. It's like watching someone play with fire. Manipulated threads just fans the flames.

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA